23.11.06

About Periwinkle Patch

*An interview with the Periwinkle Patcher*

So, who is the Periwinkle Patcher?

Well, it is really the Periwinkle PatcherS. My name is Jolene, and my husband is another Patcher - my favourite!.

Tell us a bit about yourself, Jolene.

Let's see... I'm married to a wonderful man named Kevin, and we have the cutest son and daughter in the world. Our 3rd child will be arriving this July. I used to work as an accountant, but since the arrival of preschooler Caleb into our lives, I am now a very passionate SAHM (stay-at-home-mom). So, my day basically revolves around caring for Caleb and my young toddler daughter, Kaylene. I love my family and I enjoy reading, sewing and watching reruns of Gilmore Girls in my spare time. We are Christians living each day by the grace of God, hoping to make a difference in this world. We homeschool our 2 children and I simply can't wait to hold our new baby in my arms this July!

That's great, Jolene! Now, can you please tell us how Periwinke Patch was born?

Hmmmm.... everything has been falling into place in God's timing. It all started when we firmly decided that I would be a SAHM for as long as our kids are kids! At the same time, we really thought it would be healthy for me to be pursuing other interests and hobbies that would help me continue to grow and develop as an individual. Ideally, this hobby should also be income generating, to help with our increased budget as a new family. And since I am such a Body & Bath maniac, it was pretty depressing not to have any extra money to buy these little luxuries!!

Then, in steps my sweet childhood friend, Sarah (who has a story of her own!). What did she do? Well, she sends me an amazing jar of Mango Tango Body Lotion that I so totally love. And guess what? She made it herself!! And so, with her encouragement and help, I took baby-steps in this direction...

Wow, this sounds really simple. So did you just find recipes and throw in all the ingredients together?

Well, I did about 4 full months of daily research and reading before trying my very first body cream. And yes, it is like cooking and baking... I am allowed to be as creative as I want to be, but within certain lotioncrafting rules, of course. And I really enjoy that very much. In fact, it is safe to say that all my recipes are original after all the tweaking that they've been through!

So, is this something you see yourself doing for a long, long time?

Definitely! The more I research and read, the more amazed I am about the wonderful oils God has given mankind to use. I truly believe that natural oils are one of the keys to healthy, beautiful skin. And, honestly, I simply love using my own products, and, uh hum, I like the results, too (so does Kevin!). Heheh.

I think Bath & Body products are little luxuries that will make someone's day! They're like frosting on a plain butter cake. You don't need them, but...
... life will be a little sweeter with a refreshing body polish after a long day;
... handshakes a little more confident with nice, soft hands;
... days will be a little nicer with a flawless, glowing face!

Okay, okay, so I'm not such a great salesperson!! Well, that's Kevin's job!

Thank so much for your time, Jolene. I hope to see more of your products in the near future!

You're welcome! I love what I'm doing, and I just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has encouraged me. God bless you, and we appreciate all your support!

Oh!! One last question, please. Why the name "Periwinkle Patch"?

I love the word "periwinkle"!! It has such a pretty, whimsical tune to it, don't you think? Also, it is a wild flower that is also used as a herb for its nourishing and healing properties. I think it is what this is all about... I would like to use God's creation to nourish and heal our skin. And, I'm a pretty wild, whimsical girl myself! *wink*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com